Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We have our Ross Perot!

NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg has apparently switched his political affiliation from Republican to unaffiliated, leading to speculation that he's considering a run for the Presidency in 2008 as an independent. I gotta say I love the idea of Bloomberg entering the race. The possibilities are endless and intriguing! How about Bloomberg vs. Guiliani vs. Hillary? I'd vote for Bloomberg in that match up. Bill Bradley for veep? Or how about Ron Paul? Or, crazy but I think it might grow on me: John Edwards. I could even see a Bloomberg candidacy relegate the Republicans to a third place finish - now that would shake up the political landscape!

I like Bloomberg. I think he's done a better job as mayor than Guiliani. He's liberal on social issues and the environment, fiscally conservative and supports stem cell research. He has enough money to finance his own campaign so I don't think he'll be in any one's pocket. Best of all, he's clearly not a Perot-style wacko. I think he's credible and could do well, and that being the case he represents an opportunity to demonstrate that there is an alternative to our current corrupt two party system.

Maybe things are starting to get interesting...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

if the stupid dems nominate hillary, Bloomy will look like a gem in a 3 way race. Nobody independant is voting republican, forget it. Bloomy might even get non-voters to vote. Both parties are hated by 2/3 of the country.
This election is going to be insane!

Jack Ludwig said...

Yeah, I hope he throws his hat in the ring. I have a feeling a Bloomberg campaign would make the other two parties look absolutely ridiculous...

Anonymous said...

George Will wrote a good column on MSNBC about Bloomy. The best Bloomy will do is prevent 1 party from getting 270 electoral votes. No way he gets that himself. Then the House will elect the next president. Unfortunately that means bloomy can be a spoiler at best. The question is what side he would steal votes from. Looks like we're looking at President Hillary :(

Jack Ludwig said...

God help us all :)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.