Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Scooter goes free

Just when you think you've seen it all - just when you think George Bush and his evil minions have said and done everything in their power to spit their corruption in America's face - somehow, someway they hatch a plan to take it one step further. I'm talking about the release of Scooter Libby. Libby was convicted of obstruction of justice in the Valerie Plame case, in which two members of the current administration (my money's on Karl Rove and Dick Cheney) made public the fact that Plame was an undercover CIA operative to cover one of their many lies (Saddam tried to buy uranium) in the buildup to the war in Iraq.

Let's do the math: Scooter was convicted of obstruction of justice in a case involving treason at the highest levels of government. Bush let's him go free. Bill Clinton is convicted of obstruction of justice in a case involving a blowjob. The Republicans vote to impeach him.

I've decided I'd like to balance that equation, because frankly I've had enough. So when a friend of mine sent me a petition yesterday urging Congress to impeach Dick Cheney if he fails to comply with the law in yet another case, this one involving illegal wiretapping, I signed it, and I urge you to do the same.

Follow this link and sign the petition:
http://pol.moveon.org/subpoena/?r_by=10714-6850409-KmP2Hr&rc=confemail

No comments: